Tuesday, July 5, 2011

simple silhouette

On May 23, 2010, little Cameron made his appearance into the world. His mommy is one of my sister's best friends and has been like a sister to me since I was in high school.

I was so excited when my {real} sister asked me to make a silhouette of precious Cameron for his first birthday.


Before I go any further with this post, you should probably know that I pronounce his name "Cam'ron"... as in the rapper from ten years ago... So, as I type his name each and every time, that is what I'm thinking to myself {and now you probably are too}. I've always had a habit of making nicknames for people.

You may remember that I did a silhouette of my sweet Mally May a few months ago, just for practice. That time, I chose to use patterned paper and this time I opted for a simpler look. More Pottery Barn-esk if you will. 




My favorite part of this silhouette is his little double chin :) Everything about his little eye lashes and lips and chin are so innocent... I love it!

On the back of the frame, I wrote Cameron's full name and how old he was at the time of the silhouette {1 year}. It's great to have personalized wall art that actually carries significance to you in your home.

Happy belated birthday, Big C! Here's to many, many more birthdays for you my friend. I promise I will get started on your growth chart long before your next birthday... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment