Tuesday, May 3, 2011

gifts for the {teacher} bride-to-be

As I mentioned in my last post, my friends Lauren and Daniel got engaged this past weekend. Lauren and I graduated from college together with the same major {Middle Grades Language Arts & Social Studies Education} and she was one of my bridesmaids.

Lauren, Ashley and I went to get gelato tonight so that Ashley and I could see the ring and talk wedding plans with the bride-to-be. Of course, we all know that you cannot go empty-handed to see a newly engaged girlfriend!

One of the most fun things, especially for a teacher, is the fact that you get to change your name. Not that anything was wrong with my maiden name or Lauren's maiden name, but for years you've wondered what your last name will be when you get married (and, if you're like me, you've spent countless hours since you were 13 years old doodling your name with various last names of your boyfriends) and so to finally know is so exciting! Being a teacher makes it that much more exciting because from the time you're married on the kids will be calling you Mrs. {insert new last name here}. Although, since I got married in the middle of the school year, I just completely confused my students so they call me whatever first comes to their mind.

Anyways, I decided to make magnets for Lauren that she can use in her classroom once she is married. They ended up being so cute that I've already made several other sets for other teachers/future teachers and am working on some for myself... :)




I also decided to monogram a wine glass for her with her soon-to-be new monogram.



I think that you could use either/both of these gifts for more than just an engagement present... and I will definitely be making more.

Congratulations, Lauren and Daniel! Can't wait for the wedding next year!!

2 comments:

  1. Your gifts are too cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think I get called Mrs. Baker, Edwards, Cooke before Nay finds its way out most of the time...

    ReplyDelete