Wednesday, April 13, 2011

{classy} bachelorette party favors

Today at work, Betsy asked me to help her come up with favor ideas for a Bachelorette party she is throwing in July. This got me thinking about past bachelorette weekends' both that I've thrown and that I've been to recently.

First of all, I made monogrammed shot glasses for my sister's bachelorette party back in 2008. I know what you are thinking... classy shot glasses? But trust me, everybody loved them...




Last July, I had the privilege of being Ashley's Maid of Honor. I threw her a bachelorette weekend in Edisto Island, South Carolina. Since it was a destination event, I got the other girls to go to the grocery store as soon as we arrived so I could surprise them and have the condo decorated when they returned. Here's how it turned out...


I ordered way in advance, and got each of the girls a monogrammed towel (in the colors of the weekend) from Lands End. They were on sale when I ordered them, so it wasn't too pricey. Ashley got two towels-- one with her married monogram (can't use that until the island honeymoon) and a plain towel with no monogram (perfect for John to take on the honeymoon). She also had a crown, light up rings, fun bead necklaces, "The Bride" button, and the movie {My Best Friend's Wedding} so that we had a girly wedding movie to watch over the weekend. The rest of the girls received monogrammed towels, "Bridesmaid" buttons, and a light up ring.


Above is a view from the other side of the room (opposite the welcome gifts). I used a teal sharpie to monogram plastic champagne glasses and tie ribbons around the stems.

I also planned on playing the question game with Ashley during her lingerie shower. I wrote out all the questions that I asked John, each on it's own index card. I then push pinned a long piece of ribbon into the wall and hung the cards so that it resembled a clothes line. On the night of the shower, I took all the cards down and passed them around, 5 or 6 to each girl present. We took turns asking the questions and if Ashley got the answer wrong, she had to put a piece of Double Bubble into her mouth. If she got a question correct, she was allowed to open one of her presents. Once the lingerie was opened, we hung it up on the ribbon with the clothes pins in place of the cards.

Here are some close-ups of what I'm talking about with this side of the room:



As always, plan your parties in as much advance as you possibly can. I remember last year I was planning at least two months in advance to make sure that I did not forget even the slightest detail. You should be proud of your work and not feel rushed to get it done the night before. You are way more likely to have an enjoyable, relaxing weekend with the Bride-to-be if you plan it out and get it done early.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that preparing a bechelorette party would use so much energy but it was worth it! We identified a list of 99 scavenger hunt ideas and put them on shirts, it was an awesome technique to get everyone involved! We found tons of great ideas on this website if you're searching to save energy…
    www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

    ReplyDelete