Sunday, April 3, 2011

craft day

Yesterday as we were working, Jil kept saying, "Don't you just love a craft day?!" It's true. I think a craft day (or even just an hour) is something that everyone needs to take time to do with friends every so often.

Well, we were busy yesterday. When I arrived at her house, she had all the materials for her photo booth props laid out on the kitchen island. We immediately got started cutting out foam templates from the paper templates that we got off various websites.



One of the things I worked on were the masks. We ended up with two, but that was after messing one up. We made the masks out of a sparkly foam material. Luckily, it had a white backing that allowed me to trace a mask that Jil bought (we cut the nose off the mask) to make it easier to cut out. I then used an Exacto knife to cut the eyes out. That was the challenging part because the foam kept wanting to tear.


Overall, we were both very pleased with the end result...


By the way, the bow tie totally happened on accident- but isn't it perfect?!

I can't wait to see these used in Jil's pictures. I know they will be fun for kids or for adults in a mock photo booth!

No comments:

Post a Comment