Friday, April 15, 2011

roses & fried pickles

Okay. I probably shouldn't even know (or admit to knowing) what the title of this post means. You probably don't. But, I am a faithful watcher of Jersey Shore and every time I think "roses" I automatically think "fried pickles" thanks to Pauly D & Snookie.

Now that my guilty pleasure is out in the open, I can move on to what this post is actually about.

{Wine & Design... click here to read all about the Paint Party Studio!}

Ashley and I went tonight and it was a session all about painting, you guessed it, roses.

We had so much fun learning to paint peony-roses (we have no idea what flower we actually painted, we're just pretty sure they are not roses). We also decided that our two paintings needed to get together and have a baby and then it'd actually be a good one- ha!

Nevertheless, we had an absolute ball painting together with the other thirty ladies that were in attendance. The teachers help you through every step of the process and really work with you on your painting technique. These classes are for everyone-- zero experience holding a brush to a professional painter. I strongly suggest it for anyone looking to tap a little into their creative side. The $35 is worth it. You come home with a work of art and you spent quality time with your friends creating it.

Here are pictures from tonight...







Please excuse our tired look. We just finished teaching kids who already thought they were on Spring Break all day long. :)

I hope that you will take advantage of this awesome place and get a group together to go. All you do is bring wine and a snack and they provide the rest. Let me know if you are going, I'd love to go back.

Happy weekend (& Spring Break for us teachers)!

2 comments:

  1. love them both!!! and speaking of jersey shore - we thought of you last night when the cab arrived. carl gave a "cabs ah heah" for you ;)

    ReplyDelete