Friday, April 22, 2011

last minute easter treats

I should preface this post by telling you that this is not the one I promised you yesterday. Unfortunately, while I was sitting at my desk this morning, I accidentally stuck my arm in the semi-wet glue (you know... I told you it was drying last night...) and had to start my project over.

That's okay! It actually worked out perfect. I had to go grocery shopping today anyways so while I was out I picked up a few things to make some Easter treats... and was able to step away from my desk and let the glue dry in peace so that I can get the promised-post up later this weekend.


I got the idea for Bunny Bait from Bridget {Bake at 350}. I didn't have sprinkles or candy melts, so I just used popcorn, M&Ms, and melted white chocolate. It was super easy, but she's not kidding when she says it is highly addictive. I went ahead and bagged these up to give away this weekend.

In addition to the bait, I figured I needed a few bunnies to go with it (after all, what good is bait if you don't catch anything?!). I got the idea for the bunnies from {SweetSugarBelle}. She made Peep cookies awhile back that I've been dying to try but don't have the right cookie cutters for it. When I got the flower cutters for the spring cupcakes (posted yesterday), they came in a set that also had mini-bunny heads. Still not exactly what I was looking for, but it works for now. I ended up not putting faces on my bunnies because Ford told me they looked creepy. So, abstract bunnies it is!

For my bunnies, I made the dough from scratch (and added a little food coloring to make them purple) and then used store-bought cookie icing and topped with sanding sugar. So, all of these Easter treats are semi-homemade and perfect for you to make with just a few hours to spare until Easter on Sunday!

1 comment: