Sunday, April 10, 2011

isaiah 40:8

As I was working on a painting for my mom today, she texted me to let me know that today would have been my Nana's 100th birthday. My Nana lived with our family for two and a half years before she passed away when I was in elementary school. She taught my sister and how to sing, bake (namely, fudge), and use (and appreciate) the gifts with which God has blessed us.

I was going to just do a pattern (inspired by a new Lilly Pulitzer fabric) for my mom with no words, but when I got her text and remembered everything my Nana used to teach us, I could not resist putting a Bible verse on the canvas.

After all, the only reason that I have the ability to do what I do is because of Jesus and my work should be a reflection of His love for us. The things of this earth are fleeting, but the word of God is forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment