Friday, April 22, 2011

spring cupcakes

Last weekend I received my first issue of All You magazine. Not only does it have great coupons in it (which is why I ordered it in the first place), but turns out it has awesome craft/baking ideas! I decided to try out one of their cupcake decorating techniques with my girls this week.

Check out our spring cupcakes...








Yes, the flowers are squished gum drops coated in sanding sugar. Next time, I would probably use green M&Ms for the centers, but I knew I wouldn't eat the whole bag of jelly beans (I'm not a big fan), so that's why I went for those instead of the chocolate. :)

Overall, the cupcakes were a lot of fun to make. The girls enjoyed making the flowers but most of all they liked eating the cupcakes when we were finished. I definitely recommend doing a baking project with your kids (or with those that you babysit)... it keeps them entertained for a while, teaches them how to do something new, and they get something yummy to eat when they are finished.

And now, a preview of this weekend's post... I'm just waiting on a few things to finish drying...


Can't wait to show you what I've had in the works for a while. Happy Easter weekend!

2 comments: