Saturday, April 2, 2011

painting, photography, picasa

So, between last night and this morning, I've painted the background of April's door dec canvas (two coats), created a Macro Photo Studio (see tutorial at Create Studio) to take pictures of the projects, and downloaded Picasa to be able to write on the pictures. Whew!

The Macro Photo Studio was a breeze to make. If you are creating and photographing projects, it is definitely something you should take an hour to make. It will make your pictures look much more "put together" than simply photographing your project sitting on a table or counter. Afterall, you've spent many hours making something you are proud of... don't let your photograph make it look less than amazing.


I'm loving the cobalt blue color for the door dec. Not only is it a key color in Lilly Pulitzer's spring line, but I've also seen it in Target in the home decor section. We use this color to tie together our living room and kitchen (the living room is mostly tans/browns/greens and the kitchen is more yellows). I love it. What color are you into this season?



I'm heading over to Jil's house now to finish painting (I have no idea what verse she has decided on, yet) and we are also going to be making mustaches and lips for a photo booth that she wants to use when she photographs weddings. I'm excited to see how those turn out and I will post about the process later tonight with hopefully a finished canvas to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment